Vegfest – a healthy vegetarian food festival
Vegfest, the premier healthy vegetarian food festival, is returning on May 13-14, 2023. Please stay tuned and check back here for updates and additional information!
Vegfest – A Healthy Vegetarian Food Festival
Saturday May 13 and Sunday May 14, 2023!
Vegfest is coming back May 13 & 14, 2023. It will be held at a new and larger venue, the Washington State Fair Events Center Pavilion, in Puyallup, with abundant FREE PARKING!
Sponsors and Participants
If you’re interested in participating in the 2023 event, please contact us using the Participant form. See our participant page for a list of participants at the last Vegfest.
Admission: Adults – $25, Kids 12 and under – FREE
Tickets are available to purchase now online.
Alternatively you can purchase tickets at the Gold Gate, on the day. Cash, check or credit card accepted.
At our annual healthy vegetarian food festival you can:
- Taste free food samples, over 500 different kinds to try;
- See cooking demonstrations by chefs from all over the country;
- Hear the latest information on nutrition from our medical doctors;
- Join Vegetarians of Washington at Vegfest to receive a free deluxe tote bag filled with free food and coupons, plus a free cookbook;
- Choose from a huge selection of books…
- Buy our latest book, In Pursuit of Great Food: A Plant-Based Shopping Guide; plus our other books, Say No to Meat! The 411 on Ditching Meat and Going Veg; and our cookbooks, The Veg-Feasting Cookbook, and The Vegetarian Solution – your answer to cancer, heart disease, global warming and more. Current and renewing members are able to buy these books at an extra special discount at any Vegetarians of Washington event. Visit our membership table at Vegfest to learn more.
- Special kids section with children’s book readings, fun and more.
Please bring your own reusable bags for taking home samples. See our environmental policy.
Many people recognize the health and other benefits of vegetarian food choices, but they are not sure what to eat, what to buy and how to cook it. This festival provides all the support that people need, and it’s fun too. With free health screenings, books and lots of food, there’s something for everyone. There’s even a special kids section where kids can learn about healthy food while having fun, and more.
Medical Seminar for Physicians and Medical Students
At Vegfest each year, we offer a medical seminar to physicians and medical students, focused on the prevention and treatment of disease with a plant-based diet. This 3-hour afternoon seminar features regional physicians talking about the latest research and their clinical experience in a selection of specialties. Our book for physicians, The Prevention and Treatment of Disease with a Plant-Based Diet, will be available for sale.
It takes over 1,000 volunteers to staff the festival. Check out our volunteer page to learn more about volunteering at Vegfest.