Vegfest – a healthy vegetarian food festival
Vegfest, the premier healthy vegetarian food festival, was held May 13 & 14, at our new venue, the Pavilion in the Washington State Fair Events Center, in Puyallup, WA.
Vegfest – A Healthy Vegetarian Food Festival
May 13 & 14, 2023 – 10am – 6pm
A big THANK YOU to everyone who participated in Vegfest this year. We so appreciate the businesses and non-profit groups that provided food, beverages, information and staffed booths throughout the weekend. We especially want to thank the hundreds of volunteers who gave their time and energy to give out food samples, sell tickets, greet guests, bring out stock, provide health screenings and information, support cooking demos, and so many more roles to make this event a big success. You are the heroes of this event.
At our annual healthy vegetarian food festival you can:
- Taste free food samples, over 200 different kinds to try;
- See cooking demonstrations by chefs from all over the country;
- Hear the latest information on health and nutrition from our medical doctors;
- Get free health screenings, including artery scanning, cholesterol and glucose tests;
- Join Vegetarians of Washington at Vegfest to receive a free deluxe tote bag filled with free food and special coupons, plus a free cookbook and 2 free magazines;
- Choose from a huge selection of books…
- Buy our latest book, In Pursuit of Great Food: A Plant-Based Shopping Guide; plus our other books, Say No to Meat! The 411 on Ditching Meat and Going Veg; and our cookbooks, The Veg-Feasting Cookbook, and The Vegetarian Solution – your answer to cancer, heart disease, global warming and more. Current and renewing members are able to buy these books at an extra special discount at any Vegetarians of Washington event. Visit our membership table at Vegfest to learn more.
- Special kids section with children’s book readings.
Please bring your own reusable bags to carry give-aways and purchases. See our environmental policy.
Many people recognize the health and other benefits of vegetarian food choices, but they are not sure what to eat, what to buy and how to cook it. This festival provides all the support that people need, and it’s fun too. With lots of food, there’s something for everyone. There’s even a special kids section, where kids can learn about healthy eating while having fun!
Medical Seminar for Physicians and Medical Students
At Vegfest each year, we offer a medical seminar to physicians and medical students, focused on the prevention and treatment of disease with a plant-based diet. This 3-hour afternoon seminar features regional physicians talking about the latest research and their clinical experience in a selection of specialties. Our book for physicians, The Prevention and Treatment of Disease with a Plant-Based Diet, was available for sale.
It takes over 1,000 volunteers to staff the festival. Check out our volunteer page to learn more about volunteering at Vegfest.