Vegfest – A Healthy Vegetarian Food Festival
Right now, the coronavirus epidemic is predicted to worsen before it gets better. We can’t know how long this might take. Large scale events such as Vegfest are the biggest risk for spreading the virus, so we are advised by a doctor specializing in infectious disease to postpone or cancel our event that was planned for May 2-3.
So it is with a heavy heart that we feel we have no choice but to postpone this event. We are currently researching a potential future date. We’re sure you will be disappointed, as are we as we’ve already put so much work into this event, but we put the health and wellbeing of the attendees and volunteers at the highest priority.
We’ll let you know as soon as a new date for Vegfest is finalized.
Seattle Center’s Exhibition HallMercer St & 3rd Ave N, Seattle, WA 98109, USA
Admission: $15 for adults. Children 12 and under are free. Tickets available at the door only.
Please bring your own reusable bags to collect give-aways and purchases. See our environmental policy.
At our annual healthy vegetarian food festival you can:
- Taste free food samples, over 500 different kinds to try;
- See cooking demonstrations by chefs from all over the country;
- Hear the latest information on nutrition from our medical doctors;
- Join Vegetarians of Washington at Vegfest to receive a free deluxe tote bag filled with free food and coupons, and a free cookbook;
- Choose from a huge selection of books…
- Buy our latest book, In Pursuit of Great Food: A Plant-Based Shopping Guide; plus our other books, Say No to Meat! The 411 on Ditching Meat and Going Veg; and our cookbooks, The Veg-Feasting Cookbook, and The Vegetarian Solution – your answer to cancer, heart disease, global warming and more. Current and renewing members are able to buy these books at an extra special discount at any Vegetarians of Washington event. Visit our membership table at Vegfest to learn more.
- Special kids section with clowns, puppet shows, fun and more.
Many people recognize the health and other benefits of vegetarian food choices, but they are not sure what to eat, what to buy and how to cook it. This festival provides all the support that people need, and it’s fun too. With free health screenings, books and lots of food, there’s something for everyone. There’s even a special kids section where kids can learn about healthy food while having fun, with clowns and more.
Medical Seminar for Physicians and Medical Students
At Vegfest each year, we offer an evening medical seminar to physicians and medical students, focused on the prevention and treatment of disease with a plant-based diet. This 2-hour seminar features regional physicians talking about the latest research and their clinical experience in a selection of specialties. Learn more.
It takes over 1,000 volunteers to staff the festival. Check out our volunteer page to learn more about volunteering at Vegfest.
Sponsors and Supporters
This event would not be possible without the support of many sponsors. See our sponsors page for more information.
If you’re interested in sponsoring or participating in this event, please contact us using the sponsor form.